Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, June 05, 2015

Indie bookstores and sex toy stores where you can buy Come Again: Sex Toy Erotica

On comeagainbook.com, I have links for the main online sites you can buy Come Again: Sex Toy Erotica, my latest sexy short story pride and joy.

comeagaincover

But I also wanted to share the local shops that are so important to me as a reader, consumer and book lover, especially because I don't think I'll have an indie bookstore near me in Atlantic City, and I sure wish I did. If I ever win the lottery, I'd love to open a bookstore, because how fun would that be to be surrounded by books? Well, I'm actually surrounded by books pretty much all the time, given how many I own, even with giving away at least a thousand during this move, but still. That's a crazy dream I have, but supporting real live bookstores is not crazy. It's important.

Also, most of these stores have 1 copy of the book; a very small handful have more. So this makes your support of my books all the more important. Buying local sends the message: readers want erotica. If you don't make that clear, these stores don't know. In general, many indie bookstores don't have an erotica section, some don't have a sexuality section, and some don't even have any erotica books, so for these stores to go out on a limb for my book means they believe in it. My dream is to edit another book of sex toy erotica with all new authors, but for that to happen, this one has to knock it out of the park. This year especially, my sense is that my books are being put to a test: will you do well enough to make it worth our while to keep working with you? I dearly hope the answer is yes!

Here's the list I've been given, and I'd love to add to it! Know of a store that carries the book not listed? Email me at rachelk at comeagainbook.com and I'll add it. Want to stock it? Email me you're info and I'll connect you with my publisher, Cleis Press. I missed Independent Bookstore Day earlier this month, but really, isn't every day Independent Bookstore Day? THANK YOU to all of these places for stocking my book. Trust me: it matters, especially for someone like me who gets by with a lot of help from everyone who's ever purchased my books. I hope to keep on doing this for a long, long time, and your support helps make that happen! Already have the book or can't purchase it? Tweet about it and tag @comeagainbook or mention us on Facebook. I'm also going to work on getting the most ancient bio of mine around updated to something more modern; I've one a lot since those early, early days. Up All Night was the first anthology I edited, and I actually co-edited that one. This year, I think I'll hit 60 anthologies! While that is something I'm very proud of, I'm far more interested in what the next book will look like, and which authors I can publish for the very first time.

Bookstores (in no particular order)

Powell's Books (Portland, Oregon) Joseph-Beth Eagle Eye Book Shop

Women & Children First (Chicago)

Books Inc.

Antigone Books (Tucson, Arizona)

Bluestockings (NYC)

Boulder Bookstore

Red Emma's

Gallery Bookshop (Mendocino, California)

Book People (Austin)

City Lights (San Francisco, I don't see it on their site, but am told they've stocked it)

Elliott Bay Book Company (Seattle)

Sex toy stores (This list I'd especially like to boost since I think it's such a natural fit for a book of sex toy erotica to appear alongside sex toys)

Good Vibrations (San Francisco Bay Area and Brookline, Massachusetts, I'm not seeing it on their site but am told they've stocked it)

Self Serve (Albuquerque)

Smitten Kitten (Minneapolis)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home